Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Ordering a Thundershirt

Well poor Ryker has been almost impossible to train to use the doggie door.  He is so afraid of coming to people and is inconsistent at even taking treats out of your hand.  Many things no longer send him into the "circle of frenzy", yet when I least expect it, something unpredictable will induce the circling.  Taking the advise from my friend Susan who has a rescued, over reactive Vizsla she has successfully calmed with this product , I am ordering a Thundershirt.

Ironically I have purchased them as gifts for people with sketchy dogs.  The work wonderfully leaving the dog feeling secure and calm.  The weather being colder and Ryker coming from a warmer climate I'm not adverse to keeping it on him during the day.

The order has been placed; fingers crossed.  If it works then we are moving on to doggie door training.

No comments: