Monday, March 19, 2012

Day Five: The View from Up Side Down

Elle has been in my life five days.  She has learned "sit" and will stick her head in through the doggy door.  It's all she knows and that's a start.  She also gets up at the crack of dawn which is something we are going to need to work out.  

My plan for today was to leave Elle outside, Chance inside, come home at lunch and walk them, and repeat.  The weather forecast messed up Plan A.  It was forecast to be 9F outside at 8AM and I could not lock a dog outside in that kind of cold.  So Plan B was invented.  Elle has never been indoors until the last month at her foster Mom's house.  She had a reputation for seeking items out and chewing them up a bit.  So I spent last night doggy proofing my house.  As I left this morning I said a prayer to God to protect little Elle from chewing or swallowing anything that would harm her.  

Success!  I came home for lunch and no damage was done.  I would like to think I am lucky, but the more likely explanation is that Elle is not quite herself yet and I dodged a bullet.  Yet she is more comfortable than when she first arrived (as seen below).  So comfortable now that there is a small chunk of fabric missing out of her dog blanket as she nibbled it away after dinner.

No comments: